Maintenance and Reliability Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Implementation Engineers is seeking a contract-based Maintenance and Reliability SME consultant to provide technical and strategic expertise in terms of life cycle asset management implementation. Originates and develops analysis methods for determining reliability of components, equipment, and processes. Acquires and analyzes data. Prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and reports for defining reliability problems and makes recommendations for improvements. Conducts an analysis of reliability problems and investigates to determining the reliability required for the particular situation considering the cost limitations for equipment up/down time, repair/replacement costs, and availability of materials/equipment. Determines the cost advantages of alternatives for developing action plans to comply with internal/external customer demands for reliable processes/equipment to avoid failures.
The consultant will also serve as a subject matter expert in work management processes for all maintenance activities and aid in system development of standardized business processes. Must be knowledgeable with work order system and standards used in the CMMS. Candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in a dynamic team environment with minimal supervision across multiple sites. Candidate must have good oral and written communication skills, including the ability communicate to all levels of management and will interface with a diverse customer base, including technical and non-technical personnel.
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN or HAVE U.S. WORK PERMITS. Heavy travel required.
The SME will consult directly with our clients and lead a cross-functional focus team to:
- Develop equipment system and location hierarchy
- Perform criticality analysis and determine risk priority for various equipment
- Perform RCM / FMEA for equipment
- Develop maintenance plans that contain failure modes mapped to technologies or task
- Create both predictive and preventive maintenance task
- Level load optimized reliability based maintenance strategy plan
- Conduct Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Define reliability based queries and reports to support a continuous improvement process
- Optimizes maintenance inventory by balancing work load to labor availability
- Complies with all Client CMMS standards and specifications to ensure database integrity and standardization.
- Manages asset maintenance parts ordering process (MRO) for assigned team(s) and optimizes efforts through PM Auto ordering where applicable.
- Collects data and designs experiments to optimize preventative, predictive, condition-based maintenance on equipment and systems.
- Maintains liaison with facilities technicians and other management regarding work execution, necessity of altering schedules and manpower status.
- Tracks all asset information, including spare parts and documentation. Arranges for special tools and equipment.
- Continuous improvement of the work planning and scheduling process through the review and use of maintenance metrics, analysis of work order flow, project demands and expectations.
We’d like to get to know you better. Send us your resume!
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in supervising maintenance, operations, engineering Principles, and activities as well as building and developing teams.
- Development and implementation of site specific cost reducing strategies that meet and/or exceed established savings targets
- Solid understanding of database structure with the ability to pull data, interpret, analyze, and present technical information using practical judgment. Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques, i.e. Weibull a plus.
- 3 to 5 years of scheduling / planning experience using CMMS
- Extensive knowledge of industrial systems (Electrical, Mechanical, Process systems)
- Excellent presentation skills in a group setting as well as one on one
- Proficient in Microsoft office products, including Excel pivot tables and charting
- Capable of functioning effectively in a team environment
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills coupled with the leadership and interpersonal skills to be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor of Science degree in Reliability, Quality, Mechanical, Electrical, Math, or equivalent experience
- Certifications may include: CRE (Certified Reliability Engineer) or CMRP (Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professionals) through SMRP (Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals) or ASQ (American Society of Quality)
- Experience in applying Six Sigma methodology. Black Belt certification a plus
- Advanced understanding of reliability goals, growth and prediction
- 5 to 15 years of experience in reliability engineering and work management related processes
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER
Implementation Engineers is a leading global operations optimization firm that specializes in sustainable implementation of large, complex strategic initiatives. We have partnered with the biggest names in the mining and manufacturing industries to improve throughput and productivity, decrease costs and align organizations.